happy fathers day
To all you dads out there, we wish you a very happy father's day this weekend!
Note the sign, it reads: "We welcome you home. We <3 u! To the greatest dad in the world". Don't note my sweater... it was the 80s?
Dads are great, aren't they? And mine, as proven above, is the greatest. My dad has always been a great supporter. I'm lucky enough to not only call him my dad, but my friend as well. I've learned so much from him over the years, so today for father's day, I thought I'd share with you just some of the things he has taught me:
- How to drive a stick
- To love and explore my country
- That the Red Sox will inevitably break your heart, but love them anyway
- What a hero really is
- That shooting a rabid skunk roaming your town might get you in trouble even if you were just trying to help
- That bacon is best crispy
- Not to be afraid to take chances
- To work hard
- To love the town that raised me
- That dads are actually quite good at helping their daughters find dresses for their semi-formals in highschool if you let them
- That family has all kinds of definitions
- How to be a good, responsible pet owner
- To appreciate nature, especially off the beaten path
- How to survive camping in the rain
- To love Where the Red Fern Grows
- That if you play with the big boys you’re gonna get hurt
- To clear my area
- What sassafras leaves look like
- To value myself
- How to laugh at myself
- That you can always go home again
I love how my sister is watching as my dad tortures me. :) Thanks for trying to do my hair, dad. I still don't like to brush it.
And thanks for always being there when I needed you...when I fell and scraped my knees, called you in the middle of the night in highschool when a friend needed help, and when I need a dose of home. You're always there.
Dad, I love you and learn from you everyday... even still. I hope you have the happiest of father's days. You deserve it!